Longines has always been a popular brand among luxury watches. Their collections have always been designed to matching the changing tastes of the wearers of each era. The Basel 2018 Collection by Longines is unique and creates a mark in the world of luxury watches. Here are some watches to look forward to from this exquisite collection:
Longines Brand Has Come A Long Way - The Journey Of Longines
The Longines Brand has a vast history of innovating the quartz mechanism to add precision as a characteristic feature of their timepieces. The precision record was set by the very first quartz timepiece at the Neuchâtel Observatory in the year 1954. The next noteworthy event was this timepiece being fitted with Chronocinégines, that made a noteworthy landmark in the history of timekeeping. This innovation helped the law-keepers in a great way. The judges could assess the movement of athletes effectively with the help of a film strip that contained several prints arranged in a series. It enabled them to know exactly when the athletes reached or crossed the finish line. The year 1969 witnessed yet another innovation, Longines revealed the ultra-Quartz. This was the first time the quartz technology was being used for wrist watches, thus enhancing the precision of these accessories greatly. The next big leap was taken when, in 1984, the first Conquest V.H.P was fitted with quartz calibre. It helped to set a precise record for that moment.
Conquest V.H.P by Longines Has An Edge Over Its Contemporaries
Wear perfection on your wrist as you select from the impressive sporty range of Conquest V.H.P Watches by Longines. The new collection is a marriage of the perfect sporty look with superior precision and high technicality when it comes to features. The core purpose of the conquest collection will now come to life as the brand plans to incorporate chronographs in the latest series of Conquest V.H.P by Longines. These will come in many chromatic variations that will make it notable. The watch is not like any other ordinary luxury watch. It has some truly impressive features that make it stand apart. Here we have listed a few of these:
- Superior precision much ahead of its times (±5 secs/year)
- The watch can readjust its hands after exposure to or impact from a magnetic field by using its unique gear position detection system.
- Exceptional battery life is another predominant feature
- The watch comes with a perpetual camera
The latest of the series are available in two different sizes, 42mm and 44mm respectively. These are black or steel PVD models. The intelligent crown is responsible for the simplified manipulations. These come with two unique indicators to reveal the end of the battery life to the wearer. The dial of these watches may be blue, black, silvered or carbon fibre. The eye catchy blue or black rubber strap or black or steel PVD bracelet completes the perfect appeal.
Reimagined Variations In Longines HydroConquest Range
Basel 2018 Hydroconquest Range by Longines includes certain attractive features that make it at ideal timepiece for the athletes and those into aquatic sports. Here are some of the distinguishing features of the latest watches in this collection:
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Water resistance upto 300 metres
- Double security folding clasp including integrated diving extension
- Screw down crown and caseback
- Crown protection
- Ceramic added to latest bezel to make it scratch resistant and ultra-resistant
The new models are available in 41mm and 43mm sizes. They come with Super Lumina hour markers that look perfect against the latest sunray dials in black, grey and blue colours. Matching shades of modern straps go well with the look of these timepieces.
Midas Touch On Longines Record Collection
The record collection of the Longines watchesundergoes a Midas touch. Wear the elegance in your wrist, pick from the impressive range of timepieces in the Longines Record Collection 2018. This popular collection manifests the marriage of elegance and class. Here are some of the distinguishing features of this collection:
- Silicon balance spring movement that is unaffected by atmospheric pressure, temperature variations, magnetic field and corrosion
- It is lightweight material and thus ensures comfort to the wearer
- Watches are awarded with Chronometer Certificate by COSC
- Are available for men and women
- Come in 4 different sizes, that is 26mm 30mm 38.5mm and 40mm
The new models combine attractive appeal with the mark of quality to create the perfection of Swiss Watchesthat Longines vouches for.
Blue Sophistication To Longines Elegant Collection
Living upto the saying, ‘Elegance is attitude’ ,Longines has come up with a new range in the elegant collection that comes with blue dials that are most sophisticated and appealing. Here are some of its remarkable features:
- The blueray sundial has inlaid diamond markers
- Watch comes with a stainless steel bracelet or blue alligator strap
- Is available in many 25mm, 29mm, 34.5mm, 37mm and 39mm to suit both male and female wearers
- Automatic movement is yet another noteworthy feature of this range of watches
Annual Calendar To Complete Longines Master Collection
The annual calendar added to Longines Master Collectiongives the collection the final touch. Here are some features to boast of in this collection:
- Annual calendar controlled by mechanical movements manages the length of months
- Comes in a new L897 calibre in a stainless steel case that measures a diameter of 40mm
- Comes with a 64 hour power reserve
- Movements of the hands can be viewed from transparent caseback
- The watch comes with rhodium plated or blued steel hands
- The hands contrast perfectly the silver barleycorn, black or sunray blue dial
The buyer is sure to be impressed with the balance of quality and elegance in these timepieces. Keeping a close eye on evolving fashion trends, Longines has created these watches to suit the preferences of buyers. Comparing the features and specifications of these watches will help you to opt for the one which matches your personality in a perfect manner.